Monday, September 7, 2009

The Gingerbread House


www.kurtaspland.com
I woke up early this morning to shut the oven door on this illustration. This illustration was quite the challenge. Up to this point most of my work only included one figure in a very natural environment. Well, I knew it was going to be a difficult to combine multiple figures, architecture and expression all in one piece. In the end I am pleasantly surprised at the results. It is a subtle reminder to press on when something seems to be a challenge or a bit risk taking. Many times I got very frustrated, angry and disappointed, but all of feelings were nothing more than steps that I had to take in order to reach my goal of completion. Press on, do not be afraid, always remember if you are being squeezed that is probably a good thing - God is at work, you are growing.