Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 4 NYC Tour: All things have a purpose

A missed subway train, a postponed appointment or even a fly getting trapped in an elevator. I have been riding the L train back and forth and back again all week long. In the process so many things either got in the way or sped my pursuits. My last appointment ended at 3:30 and I had only a couple of hours until I met a good friend for dinner. Could I make another cold call and get in someplace? Sure, a moment later I found myself showing my work at another publisher, who intern gave me a name of someone in there young adult division. Not sure where this new contact will lead, but it amazes me how the Lord causes all things to work together, even a fly getting trapped in an elevator. Another great day, I have the blisters to prove it.