Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 3 NYC Tour: Both ends of the spectrum

An artist friend told me that one of the most important things that any painting must contain is contrast. Contrast to the eyes is like ants to honey. There is so much to look at in NYC and so many different stories. I was near the UN in the morning and lost count of the number of Iranian-Americans protesting against the Government of Iran. Then at the end my day I was in Union Square where I got a picture of a guy with his cat sitting on top of his head, holding a vanilla ice cream while his cat gleefully enjoyed licking it. It is all about contrast. On the illustration side... Another fantastic day, two more publishers, a Madison ave advertising agency and Forbes magazine. Somebody pinch me so I know that this is real.