Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back in the saddle...



I went back to one of my drawing groups last night for the first time in a couple of months. It is called the Charcoal Club. It is an art group that has met in Baltimore for over the last 100 years or so. Anyhow this is not a history lesson on the Charcoal Club. It is about getting back into good habits. NIKE had it right when they said ”Just do It!” When is it a good time to restart or start a good habit. Right now, Today, This minute... This is the problem...the first couple of weeks can be very difficult, because it is going to take a conscious effort, new energy, and over coming that nagging voice that says ”I am tired, It wont last, Just quit quitter, etc.” So as I try to get back to attending 3-4 different weekly drawing groups in the evening in the city (takes about an hour of driving to get to them), I will be humming...back in the saddle again!