Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Weight of the World

I was working late last night at Famous Daves (My new job as a server) and a couple of servers asked me about why I was working there. I shared with them my story, about how my business had taken a dramatic slide since 9/11 and never recovered, how I have been with out work for almost a year and that this was the only job that came my way in nine months. In turn I asked them about themselves and they also shared how they are high school drop outs, mothers at the age of 19 and left on their own by their own families. In fact one waitress showed me a text where a man of whom she knew, offered her $500 for sex. Ug! the pressures of a sinful world. Whom of us would not be in worse off situations had not the Lord stepped in to help. Of course I awoke this morning with the weight of these girls predicaments on my heart and mind. How can the Lord use me? What can I do? I desire to step in and assist them in some way, but how? I will look unto the Hills to see where my hope comes from... it comes from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth. May Jesus help me with this yoke and make it light.